When we are having some extra network adapsters. We can follow below steps.
- In thi slab environment, we have two nics for existing iscsi connection using Vmware standard swtich.
- Esx01.mobilab.local have one standard switch configured for iscsi traffic
- Now we have configured vmware distributed switch and added vmnic4 & vmnic5 to this distributed switch & all the ip address configured.
3.Now we can go to the storage adapters > right click on the iscsi software adapter > Select Network configuration
4.We can add both adapters.(vmnic4 & 5)
- After that we can rescan software iscsi adapter and remove old iscsi adapters which were configured with Vmware standard switch.
With this option we don’t have any extra adapters.
- Right click on the distributed switch> select manage host> Select one nic which is using for iscsi traffic
2. Select correct port group in distribute switch for port migration.
- We can verify IP configuration from distributed switch after migration
- From software iscsi adapter also we can verify that migrated nic is showing.
- Same steps we can apply for second nic which is used for software iscsi adapter. But we will get some error notification, but we can ignore it.