Vmware esx we can install on a small sd card or usb drive. But when we wants to store *vm-support output we may need some more space. Scratch partition is the solution for this problem. We can assign static scratch partition per esx host.
Steps for that.
- In this example we have separate data store for scratch partition. Data store name is SC
- I have created two folders inside this data store(esx01,esx02)
- Option 01-
- SSH to the host > browse the data store and coreect fodler > copy the path
- Open vsphere client > Go to the configuration > Advanced Configuration from Software section > change the value of “ScratchConfig.ConfiguredScratchLocation”
- Open powercli
- Connect to the vcenter server
- Configure advanced configuration using Set-VMHostADvancedConfiguration cmdlet.
VMware Technical Support routinely requests diagnostic information from you when a support request is handled. This diagnostic information contains product specific logs, configuration files, and data appropriate to the situation. The information is gathered using a specific script or tool for each product and can include a host support bundle from the ESXi host and vCenter Server support bundle. Data collected in a host support bundle may be considered sensitive. Additionally, as of vSphere 6.5, support bundles can include encrypted information from an ESXi host. For more information on what information is included in the support bundles, see Data collected when gathering diagnostic information from vSphere products (2147388).