ESXCLI commands we can use to retrieve information from ESX hosts or we can use to do some ESS configuration. Normally we can run this commds using SSH sessions which are directly connect to the ESX hosts. MOst of the time we are using Putty for that purpose.
Now we can easily use ESXCLI commands through powercli commands. We can refer the below steps for that.
1. Login to your vcenter or management server.
2. Open powercli and connect to the vcenter server using connect-viserver
3. Run Get-EsxCli commands with required parameter
EX- We need to run esxcli commands on esx01.mobilab.local host
Get-ESXCli –VMhost esx01.mobilab.local
4. This will give the same output as esxcli
5. Now I want to get the version details.
from esxcli we can run “esxcli system version get” for this purpose
We can use the same commands in powercli
Another example-How to set welcome message