Vmware vsphere environment, there are some features we need to have SSD disks to enable those features.(Vsan, host cache, etc..). But in a test environment its very difficult to use ssd disks because its very costly thing and we are using some virtualization software like vmware workstation.
But in a vmware workstation we can simulate ssd disks with esx host. Below are the steps for that.
- This is the virtual machine(esx), which will used to simulate SSD
- I want to simulate this 100GB disk as a SSD
- We have to edit vmx files
- We have to add below highlighted key in the vmx files. We should use correct disk id
- Now I can see that 100 GB disk as SSD.